Palmilia By the Bay
The project is an assembly of parcels near the San Francisco Bay totaling 3.21 acres, or 139,817 sq. ft. These parcels will be subjected to a new subdivision plan creating two interconnected developments labeled Palmilia Project A and Palmilia Project B comprising 494,231sq.ft. of total gross area (see sheet A003-A005 for full breakdown of area calculations). The design concept for the entire Palmilia Complex is based in some fundamental principles as follows:
1. The assembly of parcels will be subjected to a new subdivision plan creating two interconnected developments labeled Project A and Project B.
2. To take advantage of the existing topography to articulate the structures facilitating all the different land uses while maximizing the view to the bay. Giving the existing topography and the restriction imposed by water table levels, the parking provided for the entire complex (Project A and B) is proposed to be located within Project A.
3. As the OCII design guidelines (Block 1 HPS Design for Development Phase One, here referred to as “D for D”) established, the site design celebrates view corridors connecting the existing urban fabric with the future adjacent park and the bay. Following that criteria, the proposed design is creating two view corridors
connecting the adjacent streets (Innes Ave and Donahue St) with an unobstructed view of the Bay and the future park.
4. The underground parking (located in Project A) serves separately the retail area, the 178 units of Project A and the 46 units of Project B.
5. The continuation of Hudson street within the premises, addresses two different purposes: A Fire Lane with restricted vehicular access and a View Corridor connecting Donahue Street with the adjacent open space and the bay.
6. The overall massing is stepping down towards the bay following the natural grade and emphasizing the views of all units towards the park and the bay.